Thursday, July 22, 2010

I've crossed over

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I'm typing this post on an Apple iPad! Me, the PC aficionado, who's had to listen to rhapsodic raves on the joys of owning an Apple product from my graphic designer husband, who's had to hear "You wouldn't have this problem with a Mac!" every time something crashed on my HP laptop...I have an iPad!

Typing is a challenge using the on-screen keyboard. What's not apparent here is that I've had to retype at least every other word. and when I want to add something so unusual (sarcasm alert) as an apostrophe, I need to click another screen for the rest of the keys. I can only hope that this learning experience is helping my aging brain ward off dementia.

The real reason for getting this extravagant gadget is that I want to be able to write while traveling. And I will--in between Boggle games (one of the first apps I bought).

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment